Before you head down to a coin, gold, or stamp dealer, be sure to do a little bit of research! Our recent articles have given you tips on estimating the value of some rare stamps and diamonds. Check out the links below for some additional material.
- If you ever find a stamp that doesn’t look quite right, then hold on to it. As this article discusses, some of the most valuable stamps in history are misprinted stamps.
- For international stamp collectors, check out this review of the 7 most expensive stamps. Two American stamps made the list: the misprinted Jenny plane stamp and the rare Ben Franklin stamp.
- The American Philatelic Society has a great website dedicated to answering the questions of experienced and novice stamp collectors alike.
- The art of evaluating diamonds is simple in theory but can take years of practice to perfect.
- According to DiamondInfo.org, a diamonds cut is the most complicated part of evaluating a diamond since there is no set standard.
Give Coins Of The Realm a call today at (301) 340-1640!